expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, July 11, 2011

the opposite of fear

i remember my junior year of college...
laying in my bed and playing this song over and over.




i don't know why i loved it so much, but i remember just laying in my bed crying as me and my roommates listened to it!

i remember thinking about the part that says...

rest easy
have no fear
i love you perfectly
love drives out fear


there is a verse in 1 John 4:18 that says this

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear...


i have contemplated this verse so many times.
i have never thought of love as the opposite of fear!
i would maybe think of courage as driving out fear.
or bravery.
or strength.

but love?

why love?

this is it.

God is love.

our definition of love comes from who God is!

if we feel unloved, the thing that we are comparing how we should be feeling to...

is God's love!!

God's love is perfect.

if we realize that God loves us perfectly...

is always kind and patient,

doesn't keep a record of my sins,

always wants good for me, never gives up and never ends?

and this love.
from a God that is unchanging and unsurpassably powerful.

towards me...

tell me this.

what in the world could i possible be fearful of?


and that explains my question!

resting in a love like this 

leaves me with a peace that can not be explained

and the fear


is


gone.


whatever you are afraid of right now....

compare it to the love that an amazing Father has for you.

and tonight?

rest easy.

because the opposite of fear?

is love.

and not just any love!

God's love!









2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 AM

    I love this song....it's funny cuz I haven't heard it in probably 10+ years but I find myself playing it in my head when I am going through a hard time.
    "I'll take your burden, you take my grace"
    Love you and miss you!! Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!! i love when your share your thoughts like this. so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs