expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, December 04, 2009

birthday

here is the cake that my amazing mother bought me. don't worry she also MADE me a chocolate cake, she also made me dinner, she also took me out for breakfast (my dad too) and she also bought me presents (my dad too). she is one amazing mom!


so another year has come and gone. somehow- without me realizing it, i have turned 33-years old. i remember playing house when i was little. me and my sister and our friends (kellie and katy) would always pick how old we "were". we were never more than 19! even in our very young minds, 19 was the oldest we wanted to be! i can hardly remember how i even got here. i think that turning 30 was pretty difficult for me. we had just moved into my parents house with the plans to move into our brand-new, beautiful, everything i've ever dreamed of- house. only to find out it wasn't going to happen. here i was. 30-years-old, 2 kids, living with my parents!! what would i ever say if i bumped into someone from high school and they asked the dreaded "what have you been up to" question?!?! oh man. it's weird how people's opinons seem to matter so much sometimes. i think i have learned a lot, even in these last 3 years.
see...the main thing is confidence in Jesus. for real. this verse is amazing. For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.Psalm 71:5 that sums up my life. God has been my confidence since my youth! and guess what? he still is!! i will say one thing. if i do not have my time first thing in the morning, my hot cup of coffee in one hand, my Bible in the other...my day is HORRIBLE! every single time! i am not exaggerating (yes i googled "exaggerate" to make sure i spelled it right! it still looks weird to me!)
i HAVE to have my hope in him! sometimes i just wonder about what i am doing. in life. ya know? but for me, it's just one step at a time.

riley wants me to stop what i am doing and play a game with him? ok. i will. aj wants to show me what he just drew? i will drop everything and show him that i think it is the most amazing thing ever. adam wants me to go and get him and english muffin? ok. i'll do it right now, because i know that i would want him to do the same for me.
it's all about keeping things in perspective. my age doesn't matter. it's what i am doing for Christ. i believe that with all my heart. time is so short, and i have one goal. i make it my goal to please HIM. i have to keep that in front of me at all times.
and besides...everyone says i look young for my age anyways! :)

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to an amazingly talented, beautiful, passionate-for-the-Lord, greatest-Mom-ever, funny, did I say beautiful?, authentic sister in Christ.
    Sending love your way, and a huge birthday hug.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs