expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, December 04, 2009

christmas tree

when me and adam first got married we had to decide what kind of tree we were getting. he grew up with an artificial one, and we always went and cut our own down! quite a difference! so we started out the first few years cutting them down. now we just go and pick out an already cut, fresh tree. i love it. it smells so good and is so beautiful! this year we decided to get a small tree. we have a really small living space, so i wanted something that wouldn't take up a ton of space. we picked out a perfect one and it makes our room look so cozy and festive!
the boys were so excited to hang all the ornaments and i loved watching them. adam put up the ones that had his name on them, and i put up my favorites!


this is one of my favorites. my aunt linda made it for me when i was little, and it is very special to me. (i tend to be a bit on the sentimental side!!)

this is another one of my favorites. my parents got it for me when i was little, and i have always loved it. i don't know why, i just do :)


christmas has always been special to me. obviously because of the reminder of my Savior. but also because my 2 sisters and my brother and our parents have always been very close. growing up, we didn't have a lot of money, but i don't remember even knowing that! i love that about my parents. what a great gift to give your kids. we knew that we were loved and taken care of. we always got sentimental, special gifts and i always loved christmas. this year will be different. my older sister will be in virginia, my brother will be in pennsylvania and my younger sister will be in florida. it will be the first year EVER that NONE of my siblings - will be home for christmas. i already said i was sentimental!! i have a little bit of a stomach ache just thinking about it!! i know it's not about that. it's about the birth of Christ. it's still hard to think about a christmas without them. this is where trusting God comes in. i am grateful that i am with my parents, and that i have an incredible husband and 2 amazing boys. i have a lot to be thankful for. that's for sure. but i'm just saying...

2 comments:

  1. i love this post. i love all of the pictures, your tree, the boys decorating the tree, your favorite ornaments. and i loved reading your thoughts. it brought tears to my eyes....

    love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is precious! I won't be with my brother or sisters this Christmas either and I totally get what you are saying. Totally makes me treasure the times we will be with them all the more!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs