expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, May 23, 2014

Rachelle Chase Photography ~ Gorgeous Vintage Inspired New Hampshire Wedding

"My number one priority is the food."
This was one of the first comments Kate made to me as I sat there in Starbucks with my photography portfolio on my iPad and my information packet in hand.
Potential client meetings still make me pretty nervous and this comment kind of threw me for a loop.

Um. You know I'm the photographer, right? 
Ha. 
That's the first thing I loved about Kate. She didn't beat around the bush.
I'm kind of known for the same thing.
So, I laughed and told her that was great, but I was here to talk pictures.
And I am not into pressuring people whatsoever, so I just left it at...book me. Or don't.
Either way.

She booked me.
And I got a new friend out of it.
I shot their engagement session on a beautiful sunny day at Prescott Park in Portsmouth.
And she filled me in in the months to follow on the perfect day she was planning.
Adam met her fiancé Derek, and talked draft picks, and NFL stats while Kate and I talked flowers and...well, food. duh.

The weatherman called for rain on Friday, and we were pretty much all praying either silently, or in loud outbursts that it would hold off!

We started out at the gorgeous, antique house Kate grew up in.











Derek and Kate decided on doing a first look.
(While I know this is not "traditional", I totally recommend it to my brides.
Every bride I've had or talked to who have done a first look say how much it calmed them down and helped the entire day go much more smoothly!)

 The rain was barely coming down, so we did a few outside before it picked up a little bit more and had to move to the greenhouses.
The ceremony was at this quaint little place called The Old Meeting House.
It was perfection. The ceremony was beautiful and emotional. Derek and Kate wrote their own vows, and I'm pretty sure everyone was a little teary after hearing them!





Then it was on to enjoy the rest of the night which was, of course, filled with food!
It also had awesome music and some pretty interesting dance moves!








Then they ended the night with a fried dough truck.
Yes. You heard me right.
A fried dough truck. 



Derek and Kate- It was an honor for Adam and I to be part of such a beautiful day, and I know God is going to bless your marriage greatly!




 Venue: The Old Meeting House/ The Rock Church

Wedding Coordinator: Event Envy

Hair: Liz Kidder

Makeup: Christine Torres
Flowers and decor: Kate Guilford
Caterer: A Haute Dish
Cake: Cake Bites

VideographerDan McMahon

Band: Berklee Band- Worship team at Anchor Church Boston





31 comments:

  1. Beth S4:53 PM

    Rachelle~ you did an amazing job capturing Kate and Derek's special day. We are so impressed with your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle, these are absolutely beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect couple, Perfect wedding and fabulous photographer! So happy for Kate & Derek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri Nourse5:59 PM

    Very nicely done Rachelle! Gorgeous pictures capturing the love of these two amazing people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, these are beautiful!!!! love all the details. and what a gorgeous bride!! awesome job capturing all of these. i cant stop looking through them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adam and Rachelle you did such an awesome job we couldn't be happier w/your work!

    Look at my gorgeous stunning bride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kirsten8:46 PM

    Absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing these - what a beautiful wedding. You are an amazing photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jon & Carol Goodbar9:45 PM

    Rachelle, these pictures are amazing. You did a fabulous job of capturing the wedding of Derek and Kate. It was a beautiful wedding and your photography captured it in stunning detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are fantastic. Nicely done, Rachelle and Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are fantastic. Nicely done, Adam and Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alicia Nourse5:39 PM

    These are amazing! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:54 PM

    Barbara Duquette
    Loved the photos - you captured the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely captured some of the best moments of that entire night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely captured some of the best moments of the entire day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:49 PM

    Rachelle and Adam,

    Father of the Bride here. You guys captured the spirit of the wedding, the night, and the beginning of their journey together and made it come alive in your Art for keepsake. What a gift "The Lord" has blessed you two with. Thank you so much, a pleasure to meet both of you. We'll meet again I'm certain.
    Pop Joe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man that looked like a great time, I wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos, really wish we could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:40 PM

    GOOOOOOOO!!! DEREK.. HAHAHA. Congrats on your big day, you guys look amazing, I wish you both the best of luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Magnificent pictures which splendidly portray this marvelous night as this beautiful bride and handsome groom begin their life journey together. For their life to be overflowing with many wonderful things. And as father of the groom, I’m not bias. Again, wonderful pictures, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous10:24 PM

    What a great wedding! Rachelle, you did an amazing job getting the details of the moment. Derek and Kate are a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous8:46 AM

    Great pictures you guys look happy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pictures, and setting, everything looks so amazing! Happy for you guys!

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous8:48 AM

    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Derek!! as you know I am your office cheerleader, during Golf season lol on a serious note, your pictures are beautiful, you both look so vintage and the pictures look like something out of a movie.. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Excellent work in capturing a very happy moment in their new life together! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful photos, looks like everyone had a great time! Best of luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous8:51 AM

    Beautiful pictures! The bride and groom both look stunning, looks like it was an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic photos of a beautiful wedding. I would strongly recommend your services to anyone

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous9:23 AM

    May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a touch of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous9:24 AM

    Congratulations to a beautiful couple. Wishing you a wonderful journey as you build your new life together.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous9:25 AM

    Derek, Wishing both of you a world of happiness and joy on your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really love these Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs