expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's more

It's more than just making dinner.
It's that feeling when it's 4:00 and I realize I still haven't planned out our meal...again.

It's more than just needing to lose 10 pounds.
It's that feeling when I put another cookie in my mouth even though I know I will feel bad after.

It's more than just opening Facebook.
It's that feeling of comparison popping up even though I'm trying not to compare my life with hers.

Life is tricky, my friends, and unfortunately I am surrounded by people who are trying to convince me that it's not. 

I'm surrounded by people trying to convince me through their instagrams, status updates and brand new jeans that they have it all together.
And what does having it all together even really mean?
I mean. Does it mean you are happy all the time?
Content with everything you have?
Confident in your friendships?
Satisfied with your weight, your looks and your accomplishments?
Does it mean you don't even have to try?

Because me? I have to try. Hard.
Some days I am feeling pretty good about everything.
About my life. My family. My friends. My things.
And then there are all the other days. The days I'm feeling like I am the worst mom ever. 
Like everyone is against me. 
Like how can I not just control myself enough to stop walking by the darn bag of cookies and shoving them in my face.

And I have to think it's not just me.
I am not alone in my thoughts. Because the bottom line is, we are all exactly the same.
Sure. We have different personalities, different likes and dislikes, different worlds.
But we were created the same.

We were created to be dependent in a world that is screaming at us to be independent.

I was created to be dependent on God. And so were you, bro.

Whenever I start thinking that I am Good enough. Strong enough. Smart enough...I start to get prideful.
And pride is the root issue of just about everything.

My feelings of accomplishments...as if I had anything at all to do with the mind I was given.
My feelings of success...as if I had anything at all to do with the resources I was given.

And that is when I have to just stop.
Stop thinking, actually.
And just realize that there is more.
More than my accomplishments, and more than my lack of accomplishments.

It's all about God. 

It's all about what he thinks about me. 
So stop.
Stop caring about what your pinterest board says about you.
Stop caring about what you think your scale is saying your worth is.

Stop thinking that you're nothing. 
Because you're something.

And stop thinking that you're something.
When the only reason you are is because God made you that way.

He values you.
And that, my friend, is so much more important than any. Other. Thing.

Read it.
Believe it.
Live it.
Feel It.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. Thank you for your amazing and encouraging right on the money blog and posts! Seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs