expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, December 05, 2011

rounding up

as much as i love to hear that my boys are growing in knowledge,
i could have done without riley's putting his math to practical use with the comment
"mom, now you're 35. you round that up to 40!"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
you NEVER round up with ages riley.
never.
learn that now.

moving on.

because of my mom, i have always looked at birthdays as a way to show someone that THIS is their special day...
for the whole day.
i remember waking up to pancakes with candles in them,
balloons hanging, and a day full of special treats.

i realize that now that i am practically 40, i can not expect that kind of treatment.

however.
i was proved wrong this year.

i woke up to this

made by my mom, and taken with my new...

IPAD 2!!

(lovingly called "the 2" by my boys, who i am pretty sure love it more than i do. ya, those angry birds are ENORMOUS on this thing!!)

yes. adam spoils me.
he decided that the whole day, would indeed, be my day.
(he even made the bed!)

the boys then got me a gift card to dunkin donuts, and a super rad dunkins travel mug.
awesome.

then i got some new clothes from my parents.
we went shopping, (where adam got me some new shoes)
then went to olive garden with a gift card from my good friend Ron from church.

then my mom made me my favorite dinner
ok, so my mom spoils me too.

then we picked out a christmas tree.

then my homegirl ruthie brought me some delicious cupcakes.
then we went to riley's soccer game.
and that was it.

an amazingly, unbelievable day where i felt incredibly special and loved.

i got texts from my friends, and calls from my siblings.
so thank you.
thank you to my family who always always makes me feel loved
and to my friends who i am so grateful God put in my life.

happy birthday to me...still in my early thirties, right?

3 comments:

  1. wait, what? it was your birthday? shoot. maybe i will remember next year.

    is this getting old yet? sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your day was great. I would like to point out that the rounding thing will come in handy when you are, say 41-44 ... because evidently, according to Riley, you can round to the nearest number. Which includes rounding down. Which is why I am 40. And, which is also why Riley became my favorite today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) love this. and i lol-ed at rys rounding up comment. yes, you're still in your early 30's. nothing to fret ;). love "the 2"! cant wait to check that out. and so glad you had such a special day. sounds perfect...minus me in the day;) a day you well deserved. love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs