expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 07, 2009

My Baby is SIX!!!












so...six years ago from right now, i was at elliot hospital, holding my perfect, beautiful baby boy. i remember very clearly on february 6th wondering why in the world i wasn't already holding him, and how unfair a "due date" really is!! ok, so i was only one day past it, but especially since aj had been 2 weeks early, it seemed a little cruel to me!! so at about 4:30 am february 7th i woke up...let me back up a little bit. about 2 weeks earlier, my sister erika had told me a story about a lady who had gone to the hospital insisting that her water had broken. well, come to find out, she had wet the bed!! soooo i was totally thinking, ok...i have GOT to be sure that this is for real. i would die if the same thing happened to me!! i finally realized that my water really had broken, and we called melissa leclerc (who was super close to our family, and aj loved!) and asked her to come over. i think she said "are you serious?" i don't think she's a morning person! haha!! anyways, it was snowy outside, and our walkway and driveway were almost never shoveled or plowed (i'm not bitter at our old landlord or anything :)) but i did fall on the way to the car! but i got to the hospital at about 5:30am, and my FAVORITE doctor was there! i was so excited, because of all the doctor's i had seen leading up to this, there was one that i loved and the rest were ok, except for one man that i did NOT want to have there! so as i was coming in, she said "i am just going home, but doctor blah blah blah is here? ya, you got it. it was the ONE guy i did not want!!! anyways, it was pretty uneventful compared to aj's delivery story, except that at one point in MID LABOR, i looked over and the doctor was on the phone!! i could hardly believe it. i said, "what do i do now?" the nurse was like, "doctor!! we need you!" ugh. so he arrived, absolutely beautiful and perfect at 12:21pm. He weighed 7 lb 2 oz. My mom and adam were in the room with me and the doctor asked who was going to cut the chord, and i knew that adam didn't want to - he just doesn't do blood :) and my mom didn't want to interfere, so i said I WILL!! so i ended up cutting it!
i am incredibly blessed in so many ways, but that God has given me a godly husband, 2healthy, beautiful boys, and amazing family, church family, a place to live rent free, i could just go on and on and on, but i will stop!! enjoy all the pictures of my baby growing up! i love that he got up this morning, and got ready to go out to breakfast with my parents. (my parents take each grandkid out to breakfast on their birthday) and he asked me if he could take his puppy blanket with him :) i just love that my baby is still my baby in some ways! what i love about my ry is that he is so funny, and always loves to make people laugh. i love his bright smile that totally lights up his whole face, which then totally lights up the face of anyone around him. he is wild and crazy just like his momma. he is also very sensitive and sweet. tonight we were doing a puzzle together, and there was one piece left and he said "you do the last piece mommy". i got a little teary on that one. then he told me that this was the best birthday he ever had, mostly because he got to spend so much time with me :) ok, maybe he's just a sweet-talker, but i'll take it!! i love that he asked Jesus into his heart when he was 4 years old, and now i can know for sure that no matter what, i will always be with him in eternity!! thank you Lord for giving me such an amazing family!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 PM

    awww.... I like the part about giving you the last piece of the puzzle. Happy to hear you had a good day and ended it with a salvation at YG. See you guys tommorrow.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant believe little ry is 6!!!
    time sure does fly....

    he is such a special boy and i love him so much.

    i loved looking at those pictures!!!

    love you sissy, and i love six year old riley joel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a lot like my sweet baby Mikie.....except that he weighed 9 pounds and 15 ounces (ok so it was really 14 and 3/4 oz). Anyway, they both are sweet and love their mommas.... (so do our other baby boys too) We are indeed blessed mothers..... and a bit crazy too. ;->

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs