expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, October 07, 2010

things that make me happy

there are certain things in life that just plain and simple make. me. happy.
maybe they seem like silly things to you.
but waking up to the sunshine, and seeing the beautiful, colorful leaves outside makes me happy.
the cool, crisp air reminding me that it is sweatshirt weather (the BEST) makes me happy.
words of affirmation make me happy (that is after all, my love language)
just seeing pictures of my family makes me happy.
sitting in front of the fireplace makes me happy.
a hot cup of coffee makes me happy.
getting a text from one of my homegirls saying good morning makes me happy.
watching my kids skype their cousins makes me happy.
getting pictures of my nieces and nephews makes me happy.
adam telling me we can go out to dinner makes me happy.

(you should totally try this. it can really remind you of how many blessings you have!)


so today, i am reminded of these things that make me happy, in spite of how my feelings sometimes
trick me into thinking that everything is going horribly wrong in life.

since i am always editing, and ordering pictures of other people, i decided to edit, and buy a picture
for ME (thanks for the push b!)
and i can't even begin to express how happy it has already made me.



i turned the fireplace on this morning, and watched my little boys do their school work while laying on the floor in front of it while i sipped coffee. that made me happy.

and then my little boys wrote me a little letter.
and THAT made me happy.



so even though i can not walk without intense pain because of my back, i have everything i need.
oh, and the sweetest thing yesterday, was when riley put my socks on for me. and aj made me a cup of coffee.
i am so blessed.

5 comments:

  1. Iced coffee made you happy in Florida and there is always chocolate somethings........... Hope you feel much better soon! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved that post. the letter from aj is the best. made me smile on the inside. and i love the giant picture above your couch. what is it made of? it looks metal from the picture. where did you get it done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS post made me happy! such a good idea to do this!!! to focus on the blessings of life...and the things that make us happy. instead of on the opposite! i lovvve those letters from the boys :) so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just made me well up. That letter is so precious and the fact that Riley drew your house shaped like a cross just says it all...what a blessing your family is...and your kids think so, too. <3

    PS: that pic w/the boys and the verse on the side?? STUNNINGLY beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs