expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 25, 2010

on being humble

i don't think that we think enough about pride. i like the idea of calling sin sin.
here are some examples:

*your husband says something that annoys you
*someone cuts you off in traffic
*someone starts looking at the same rack of clothes when you are shopping (seriously, this always happens to me!!)
*someone says something that hurts your feelings

whenever i start to feel those nasty feelings come up inside of me and make me want to say something i shouldn't, it all boils down to the fact that i don't feel like i deserve being treated that way, right? as if i am so special that my husband should only talk to me in sweet loving tones, asking what he can do for me. i should be able to own the whole road. that i was at this rack first. how could someone ever be so mean as to put ME down and hurt MY feelings?? aren't these just 11-year-old-girlish sounding feelings when you see them written down??

only by pride comes contention. if i am living to think of others as better than myself, and really living that way, none of these things would bother me. i love how andrew murray puts it, and i want to print it out and put it up as wallpaper all over my house to remind myself. i'm not, but i should :)


Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is for me
to have no trouble; never to be fretted or vexed or
irritated or sore or disappointed. It is to expect
nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me,
to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest
when nobody praises me and when I am blamed
or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the
Lord where I can go in and shut the door and
kneel to my Father in secret and be at peace as in
a deep sea of calmness when all around is
trouble. It is the fruit of the Lord Jesus Christ’s
redemptive work on Calvary’s cross, manifested
in those of His own who are definitely subject to
the Holy Spirit. - Andrew Murray

let's try it. don't you like the sound of PERFECT QUITNESS OF HEART? i do!

1 comment:

  1. yes! this is awesome. i want that in a wallpaper too!!!!!!! :)

    so good!

    perfect quietness of heart- i LOVE the sound of that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs