expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, June 28, 2010

perspective

as i was getting ready for bed last night, i started looking around at the effect that a sunday has on my house. i am not a neat-freak, but i really do enjoy a picked up house. but for some reason this time, i started looking at everything around me in a different light.
see, this?

Photobucket
normally would bug me. but tonight i thought...this puzzle reminds me of the time that me and ry spent working on it together. and those legos? first of all, got them cheap at a yard sale, secondly reminded me of the little hands that built them up.

and this?
Photobucket

would normally bring a sigh as i picked up the t-shirt (representing the fact that we have more than enough clothes to wear) and the tennis racket and helmet (which represent the fact that my 2 boys are healthy and love playing sports) and the Bible (which reminded me that ry had just spend time that very morning filling his heart with God's Word) but this time, it actually brought a tear.

why would it even matter what was cluttered and what wasn't? it's all about perspective.

so i went into the boys room, and took a picture of them sleeping peacefully. along with the verses that they individually chose to work on this week.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(oh, and by the way..the boys bedroom used to be my sister's, and i can't bring myself to change the light plate cover. :))

so the next time you see clutter and are tempted to grumble, or get frustrated... stop yourself, and think about what it might represent to you. it sure makes you feel a lot better.
we have so much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. i love it...

    all about perspective.

    i love their verses on the walls, and i love their sleeping faces. so sweet. what a precious post. what precious boys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great thoughts ...

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs