expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

i really never would have thought...

that i would be a homeschooling mommy.

i know i've said it before, but i just never really pictured myself homeschooling. not that i ever had anything against it. i mean, i was homeschooled and turned out pretty good (haha...you're not supposed to be laughing!!)

but yesterday morning when i was driving home from the gym (ya...it was the first time in 2 months i have even gone. i was a little surprised to find my name still in the computer) i passed a couple of buses, and i thought...wow.i am so blessed. so incredibly blessed. i hate the thought of dropping my kids off at school for an ENTIRE day!! i don't mean this to sound like i think i'm better than those moms who do send their kids to school. not at all. not even close. but i am so glad that i get to be with them all the time! i know what makes them tick...totally.

i just feel blessed. i love my kids. absolutely adore them. i think that they are honestly 2 of my best friends. i can act like a total weirdo (and i DO - a LOT) and they just love me anyways. if i need to run to the store, aj is always the first to jump at going with me. and ry? he is the first to jump at hugging and kissing me goodbye. :) (he is not a fan of any kind of shopping) but he NEEDS to hug and kiss me goodbye every time i go anywhere. and then he'll say. "bye mom. love you. bye. bye mom. love you mom." it is so cute.

ry loves to eat popcorn and chips with salsa.
aj loves to eat ice cream.

ry loves to watch tom and jerry.
aj loves to watch espn - anything.

ry is constantly making me laugh. he is seriously hysterical.
aj is constantly saying sweet things. he is very sentimental.

ry is hyper. always moving. always. just like me.
aj is chill. walks slowly. just like his daddy.

i love them both. i am so in love with these little boys who God is letting me temporarily enjoy and claim as my own.
and i am so enjoying it. every single minute of it.








being with these boys constantly makes me smile. and reminds me of how thankful i am that i am able to be at home with them all the time. i can't imagine it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it! No matter how hard, or crazy busy, our days can be ... I just cannot imagine having my children gone from home all day.

    This is our 21st year of homeschooling ... and I have at least 10 more years to go (since my youngest 2 are in 3rd grade this year).

    You are BLESSED!!!


    :) :) :)


    PS: Way cool that you were homeschooled. I hope and pray that some of my children choose to homeschool when they have children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:43 PM

    I love this post!!!!
    So happy you see the multiple blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen sister! i cried when i dropped my oldest off for a 2 hr. practice at the school :) from another 2nd generation homeschooler...best decision as a parent we ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome post.

    and oh my goodness...those pictures of them. can they be any cuter?!?!

    i love those boys so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs