expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

my boys aren't little anymore...

as i have been thinking about different posing ideas for the upcoming shoot i will have once my sister has her baby, i have realized something.
once your kids get to a certain age, everything changes.
for example.
while taking pictures of a baby's feet is precious, it would not be so cute to do the same shot of my 9-year-old's!
i do enjoy looking at other people's blogs, and usually the ones that get the "wow's" are the ones that have little kiddies doing just adorable and delicious things.
you know, a little scrunched up nose, a naked baby, a little boy wearing his daddy's shoes. and as much as i love them, i don't think i'll be asking my boys to pose that way anymore!! haha...i'm sure YOU appreciate that too! :)

i can remember SO clearly my days that were filled with diaper changes, bottles and sippy cups. i really do miss those days sometimes. i can remember just saying over and over to myself, ok rachelle...once they are 3 and 5, your life will be so easy!! ok. when they are 4 and 6, your life will be so easy!

all of a sudden, i am having a conversation with a baby boy who is standing in front of me, looking me almost right in the eyes!! it's crazy. how does this happen?

i love every different stage, and i love this one. 7 and 9.

just yesterday, out of the blue...aj says. "mom? you're the best girl to ever step on land"
Photobucket

and last night, at 1:00 in the morning, after i had put riley back to bed. (he had woken up with a bad dream.) he got BACK out of bed, came into my bedroom and said
"mommy, i hope your back feels better" and hugged me and rubbed my back.
Photobucket

so thankful that God has allowed me to care for these little boys who absolutely melt my heart with everything they say and do.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. aww, this brought tears to my eyes. so precious. and amazing how fast they grow up. i LOVE all these pictures of the boys. and i love them so much. they are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle - excellent blog!!! They are such beautiful boys inside and out!!! You can be justifiably proud of them and we can enjoy the work of your hands and heart too! Priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pictures and your thoughts! It is so true... you are blessed with so much when those boys are able to TELL you that they love you and show you they love you! What a great stage of life! It is great to see they are best of friends!

    PS.. you ARE coming to IA to take pictures when our baby is born, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a truly lovely family, and your photography of them is outstanding. Just passing by ....
    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs