expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

what do you hear in the morning?

i don't know about you, but when i wake up in the morning...
i don't think 10 seconds go by before i realize that i am thinking about 50 different things all at the same time.
it's like i've picked up right where i've left off the night before!


sometimes it's thinking about having to go grocery store,
a conversation that i had the day before
a conversation i imagine myself having with someone 
the list of things i need to do...blah, blah, blah




but i don't really think i've ever heard anything.


i found this verse to be very interesting when i read it today.

Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; 
For I trust in You; Teach me the way in which I should walk; 
For to You I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8


let me hear your loving kindness?
what does that mean?
how can i hear it?


then i was reminded of the verse in Psalm 63:6 that says


When I remember you on my bed, 
I meditate on You in the night watches.


maybe this is part of it?
i need to go to sleep meditating and remembering all that God is to me.
all that He has done for me.
and when i fall asleep focusing on Him, it may affect how i wake up?


i'm not saying i know that for sure, 


but i am just saying...maybe.


so tomorrow morning, i am going to try something.
i am going to wake up...


and listen.


just listen.


i want to hear God's lovingkindness.


i NEED to hear God's lovingkindness.


just to keep it real here...it's been a rough week.


in a lot of ways, in which i do not choose to divulge right now.


just rough.


but one thing i know.


i trust in my God.


so tonight?


 i will meditate on His power, His love, His forgiveness, His grace, His blessings...


and when i wake up tomorrow morning


i will listen to hear what my Father is saying.


i can't wait.





3 comments:

  1. I really needed this tonight.

    I need to hear God's loving kindness tomorrow morning.

    We are walking through another TOUGH time, wondering if we will ever go a month without another crisis.

    Thanks for the encouraging words.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...a good thought. Did David write that psalm? I always wonder what was going on in his life when he wrote certain things. he had some rough weeks!

    I love your new header too!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs