expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, July 30, 2011

the 2-year-old and the analogy

i am working on this little project that just kind of came to me...i will share more on that as i get closer to completing it!
as i was working on it, i needed to find a notebook.
i have about 672.
not really, but pretty close.
over the years i have written a lot of (unfinished) songs, taken notes from church, and other conferences and... just journaled.

sometimes i write little devotionals with analogies that i come up with in my head.
here is one that i found that i had written back in 2003.
thought i would share it here!

The other night, my 2-year-old son called me up to his room after i had put him to bed...as he often does.
when i walked up, he looked at me with those big blue eyes and said "pray with me". 


my heart melted. any irritation i had felt from running up the stairs was instantly forgotten. i sat on the floor next to his bed, and he put his little arms around me and he said "you're the best mommy". 
i spent the next five minutes rubbing his head, and telling him over and over how much i loved him and how special he is to me. wouldn't any mom?


can you imagine if he had blocked his ears to tune me out while i loved on him and adored him?
he would have missed out on all those feelings of happiness and contentment!


you are God's precious child. 


he loves and honors you. (isaiah 43:4)


you are tuning out all of God's praise on you when you don't spend that alone time with him!


know how much he loves you! 


let him tell you!


listen to Him!


give him the chance to be next to you today and tell you over and over how much he loves you and how special you are to him! 


he won't get irritated when he hears you calling Him!


*suggested reading Isaiah 40

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs