expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, June 28, 2012

establishing my thoughts

adam gave a message a couple sunday nights ago that was really convicting.
part of what he talked about was a verse in the book of Proverbs.
it says..."commit thy works unto the Lord and thy thoughts will be established'"
get what this really means?
here it is.

the first thing i have to do is commit my works to God.
see...it does not say "commit your works unto the Lord as soon as you feel really happy and content with everything that is going on in your life."
it just says that i need to commit my works.
what happens next?
THEN my thoughts will be established.
so wait. when are my thoughts established?
oh right...AFTER i commit my works to the Lord.

why is it that i struggle with this and see so many other people struggling too?
it seems like it's really easy to commit everything in my life to the Lord as soon as i feel good about it!
as soon as my thoughts are in a happy place.
but i obviously have it all wrong.

so my challenge to you this week is this.

start working for God. like...right now.
in the middle of a hard time.
in the middle of a financial struggle.
in the middle of a discouraging day.

when you obey Him. He is going to establish your thoughts.
so don't wait.
don't wait for a better day. 
don't wait for a bigger paycheck.
don't wait for your thoughts to change.

just start now. 

and just because i don't like to post without a picture,
here's a picture of my 2 little men at adam's cousin's wedding last weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Love the challenge and love those boys.
    Such a cute picture. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs