expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

For God's Glory

Isaiah 43: says
"...For I have created him for my glory; I have formed him; yea, I have made him"

how many times have you wondered...what is my purpose for living? it's funny because i actually wrote this poem when i was in my freshman year of college it was called "what is the meaning of life"

it started out,
what is the meaning of life?
to love? to love what?
to love something and lose it...even though you never really had it

and on and on it went. i had a relationship with Jesus, i knew i was saved, but i was still confused. i guess i hadn't learned this verse yet.

aren't we a little too obsessed sometimes with the thought of, what am i supposed to be doing? or where am i going to be in 5 or 10 years? what IS MY PURPOSE?!?

one thing i love about God is how simple he makes things. the question that we as humans have spent countless hours pondering, worrying, fretting, and stressing about...God answers in one sentence. here it is:

"I have created him for my glory..."

what? it's that easy?

oh life.
oh sometimes meaningless, nonsensical life.
we just miss the whole point, don't we?
we spend hours of time to make sure we look good,
hundreds of dollars to make sure we have just the right matching bedroom set from pottery barn,
and hours of time worrying about what that girl is thinking about us.

then we spend 5 minutes reading God's Word to make sure our attitude looks good, 5 dollars on some missionary somewhere, and 5 minutes of time caring about what our God is thinking about our.

if i was constantly thinking.
"i was created to bring God glory. How am i doing now?"
i would start thinking differently, and the outcome of my life would sure look different!
that's my challenge. i am taking it myself! i am going to write that question out on a 3x5 card and carry it with me. i am going to read it 25 times a day. i am then going to see how different my life will be.

wouldn't it be foolish to spend my whole week looking at a keurig and wondering and questioning what the purpose of it was? all i would need to do is see the instruction manual and find that it would produce liquid happiness (haha...joking of course...kind of ;)) with the simple push of a button?! things would sure get a lot easier.

if i was a betting woman, i would say the same thing would be true with the challenge i just presented. your life would be easier in so many ways if it started performing the actions that it was designed to!

i dare you to try it! double dog dare ya :)
oh, and feel free to share any results!!

3 comments:

  1. this is so good...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why is something so simple such a lot to think about?! really good stuff, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a quote posted on my fridge for years that I LOVED. Of course right now I can't remember who said it. (some saint I think!) But it was: "The glory of God is man fully alive." We exist to bring Him glory, and the enemy does NOT want that to happen, so he tries to attack us and get us defeated, frustrated, lost in sin struggles...so that we are not "fully alive" or fully reflecting His light, therefore not fully glorifying Him...love the reminder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs