expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, December 31, 2010

on new year's resolutions...

never liked 'em.


i always felt like you put all these huge aspirations on paper,
only to find that in march you have completely lost control
of everything, and are reminded what a failure you really are.
i mean, that's what it felt like to me.


so for me.


just me, personally


as this year comes to an end.


my only resolution is that on january 2nd, i would be more like Christ


on january 3rd, i would still be moving forward


on january 4th, i am still striving to be the kind of godly wife and mom that i need to be


on january 5th...ok. you get my point.


i do not want to have a list of things that i will check off - 
there, i read the Bible this year,
there, i memorized THAT verse this year


i mean, i do want to do those things.
but i want my heart to be in a place that is so sensitive to my Savior,
and so motivated to follow Him out of love for all that HE has done for me,
that i can look back, and just say..
wow! i read the whole Bible this year!
wow! i memorized a lot of scripture this year!


i was just reading in romans 5 today: 


"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."


amazing. isn't it?
Christ died for me, an enemy...
how could i NOT want to live for Him?


the very fact that i can go to sleep tonight and know for sure. 
beyond the shadow of a doubt
that if i didn't wake up on this earth, i would be in heaven -
gives incredible peace and motivation.


not based on my opinion.
certainly not based on my good works. 
but because i have a God that loved me enough
to pay the penalty that my sin deserved.


amazing love


so for me?
no notepad filled with checklists
no panic attacks that i may just give in to that chocolate ice cream. ha!


nope.


just living my life
one day at a time
trying to please God with my words 


with my thoughts


with my actions


with my life.



4 comments:

  1. i love this!! i completely agree with you. and i love your day by day desire and goal. love you sis! let 2011 begin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to all of it. I totally agree, I totally love you and I totally miss you.... (Mel too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!

    i have never been one to make new years resolutions.

    right now, we are just trying to put one foot in front of the other, to walk each day seeking wisdom and strength from the Father.

    hope your weekend is BLESSED!

    laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. never said better. amen.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs