expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Prayer

i am always really inspired by writers of yester-year.
i would love to get a book by A.W. Tozer for christmas if anyone doesn't know what to get me yet.
anyways, i just started reading
With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray
i love it so far. it is incredibly deep and powerful.

i have been really focusing on my prayer life lately.
i loved this quote.
May a deep sense of my ignorance, of the wonderful privilege and power of prayer...lead me to cast away my thoughts of what I think I know and make me kneel before Thee in true teachableness and poverty of spirit"


i know that i have a lot to learn when it comes to prayer.
i want to learn it!
i want to be so close to God that i know exactly HOW to pray!
that starts with me humbling myself.

every morning, i have been praying..by name...for a lot of people.
a lot of these people probably don't even know who i am,
a lot of these people probably have no clue that i would be praying for them
but i am.
i am praying that they will find this same life-changing, hope-filled, incredible life of joy that i have found in a personal relationship with Jesus.

i don't know everything there is to know about prayer.
but i do know this.
prayer is powerful.
i believe it.
so i will keep praying...

2 comments:

  1. keep praying sis! so glad to know that there IS power in prayer. and thanks for praying for me...i just know that you do ;) love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you pray for me ... for my family ... for my marriage. We are in CRISIS mode again, right when I thought we were about to turn the corner from the last series of crisis'.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs