expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 25, 2011

advocacy

in one sense, i feel like i have so many thoughts inside my head, that at any moment they will just all come flooding out...in perfect, outlined, and understandable form. 
in another sense. i feel like i have so many thoughts inside my head, that at any moment i will just explode, because i can't even figure out a way to express or even understand all of them.


i haven't blogged in forever.
mostly, because we had adam's brother and family come last monday and stay until thursday morning. 
thursday night, my sister and her family came and left yesterday afternoon.
i thought it would be terribly rude to be sitting on my computer while they were here.


it was actually hard to even justify going to bed at all, because i wanted to just soak up every minute possible with them. 
it is so hard to have such great family, but have them live far away.


another reason that i haven't is because i want to post pictures and there is something up with my computer, making it so slow that the very thought of opening photoshop makes me crazy.


so those are my excuses.


i thought i would at least write and say a couple things.


one was a thought that came to me about advocacy. 


i was sitting a table with 2 of my close friends last night, and a girls name came up...
to which we all started saying...i just love her! 


she is a girl from our young adult group that i'm pretty sure is closely related to the sunshine itself.
she is so full of joy and happiness that she literally glows.


what that made me think of was...what do people say around their tables when MY name comes up?
and if someone were to start saying...oh i just hate her...would i have an advocate there?


the definition of advocate is "a person who pleads for or in behalf of another; intercessor"


wouldn't it be nice if we just all had those around?


someone to stand up for us, and plead and argue for us when people started putting us down?


then i started thinking about the passages in scripture where it tells us that if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father...which is Jesus.


amazing to even think about.


i know that satan is an accuser of christians.
it blows me away to think that satan would start accusing me of things...


which would not be hard to find


and i have an advocate right there...saying...


oh.. riiiight. 


Rachelle. 


yep. i saw her attitude right then too, and YES i saw that look on her face.


wow...she really is awful.


but. um..ya know what? everything she has ever done? and everything she will ever DO?
ya.
that's covered under the blood. 
you know...when i died on the cross for her?
ya.
you got nothing.


alright...maybe Jesus doesn't actually talk in the tone of voice i just typed.


but you get my point.


i do fall.


i do mess up.


read the book of Romans. 


the great apostle Paul had the same struggle...


BUTTTT...


we have an advocate.


i don't have to live under my own, or anyone else's condemnation.


i am so thankful that Jesus himself, is MY advocate


amazing.


i am so grateful...and humbled. 



i also hope that i live life being other people's advocate.


looking at the other side of the story for someone who is not there to defend themself.


wouldn't that be a great thing to be known for?


so those are my thoughts for the night.


and after re-reading this, i'm pretty sure it didn't come out in perfect, outlined, understandable form, but hopefully it made some sense!











5 comments:

  1. It made total sense.

    I always love hearing your "random" thoughts.

    Funny that you would comment on my blog tonight that you hope to meet me someday ... because just this afternoon I was thinking about YOU, and starting to ponder the thought of planning a road trip to New England in Sept./Oct. My son will be graduating from Officer Candidacy School in Rhode Island in October, and I thought it might be nice for the family to be there. And ... since the 6 New England states are 6 of the 9 states that we haven't yet visited ... a road trip is in order. So ... you are on my mind. :) I'll keep you posted.


    Laurel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this did make total sense!! another awesome post. thank you for always sharing your thoughts, always gets me thinking! so amazing that Jesus is our advocate!!!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I for one am GLAD you blogged! That was very encouraging!

    And your excuses for not blogging were very good. I need to work on excuses about pen pals.....hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIKE YOUR EXCUSES FOR NOT BLOGGING. MAYBE I COULD BORROW A FEW AS IT'S BEEN AWHILE FOR ME ALSO.AS FAR AS IF YOUR NAME SHOULD COME UP I DOUBT ANYONE WOULD SAY I HATE HER JUST THE OPPOSITE. THEN AGAIN MAYBE I'M JUST BIAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out this poem, My Advocate, by Martha Snell Nicholson:

    I sinned. And straightway, post-haste, Satan flew
    Before the presence of the most high God,
    And made a railing accusation there.
    He said, "This soul, this thing of clay and sod,
    Has sinned. 'Tis true that he has named Thy name,
    But I demand his death, for Thou hast said,
    'The soul that sinneth, it shall die.'
    Shall not Thy sentence be fulfilled?
    Is justice dead?
    Send now this wretched sinner to his doom.
    What other thing can righteous ruler do?
    "And thus he did accuse me day and night,
    And every word he spoke, O God, was true!

    Then quickly One rose up from God's right hand,
    Before Whose glory angels veiled their eyes. He spoke,
    "Each jot and tittle of the law
    Must be fulfilled; the guilty sinner dies!
    But wait -- suppose his guilt were all transferred
    To Me, and that I paid his penalty!
    Behold My hands, My side, My feet! One day
    I was made sin for him, and died that he
    Might be presented, faultless, at Thy throne!"
    And Satan flew away. Full well he knew
    That he could not prevail against such love,
    For every word my dear Lord spoke was true!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs