expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 11, 2011

our eyes wait

i have been reading my Bible a lot today.
just needed it more than usual.


i love to just go through the Psalms and see what i have highlighted and underlined over the years. 
that's why i am so attached to MY Bible. 


the one that i have had for 17 years. 


the one that has caught many tears.


it is very highlighted, and very worn.


and so incredibly special to me.


i found this verse in chapter 123 that i just loved.


our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that He have mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us O Lord, have mercy upon us!


what stood out to me was the "eyes wait"


i have been reading a lot about waiting. the song that i just wrote was basically stressing that point - wait patiently, quietly, confidently.


but my eyes wait?


what does that mean?


i love word pictures.


i actually not only love them, but i think i need them.


i need to have things spelled out for me, and shown to me so i know exactly what to do.


i pictured this...


if my son was getting hurt by a bully who was bigger than him, and my boys daddy was standing right there...


it would be like if he just looked at his dad with those big blue eyes and waited for him to take care of the bully.


confidently.


not wondering if dad would protect him, just waiting until.


the verse says 


our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, UNTIL he has mercy upon us.


it does not say 


in case he has mercy on us


it says until.


that is the confidence.


and that is where i am tonight.


i am just looking up (actually literally at times)


and waiting on God to just have mercy on me!


waiting on God to give me peace like he promises


to give me grace


to give me compassion


to give me patience


to give me satisfaction


and to give me joy.




because see...


it's not a matter of if he will show me mercy


it is simply a matter of when he will show me mercy.


and i am confident that my God is faithful.


just as confident as a little boy waiting for his daddy to take care of the bully.


my Father is going to take care of everything in my life!


He promises.


and He will never. 


ever.


ever 


break His promise.


so my eyes right now?


are waiting.


waiting on the Lord my God UNTIL he has mercy on me.









3 comments:

  1. You didn't know it ...

    but you wrote this JUST FOR ME tonight.

    Yes.

    You did.

    I NEEDED that word picture.

    I NEEDED to be reminded that God WILL take care of the crises that have totally and completely overwhelmed me. (He will take care of the bullies that have beaten me to a pulp.)

    Thank you, friend.

    You have BLESSED my life,
    once again.

    I will stop by again in the morning,
    to read this again ... and again ...
    as I KNOW that I will need to
    be reminded again ... and again.


    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs