expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 11, 2013

Just be quiet already!

I am almost never quiet.
I am almost never still.
I sometimes get myself in trouble because of it.

Check this out...

Oh boy.
So needed this for a Monday.
A Monday that started as you would think a Monday should...ya know, realizing you have no oil.

I have had a lot going on in my heart and mind lately.
And I can keep a smile on my face like it's nobody's business.
But there are times when I just want to scream.
There are times when I just want to fight for myself...never the right choice, by the way.

And in those times, I need this.
I mean...need it.

God fights for me.

Can you even comprehend that?
Just looking at those words brings tears to my eyes, because so many times I try to fight battles myself.
So many times I feel like I need to talk, resolve, fix...everything.
Another version says that The Lord will fight for me, I need only to be silent.

What?!? Silent and still?

Do you not know me at all?

I even move around a lot when I sleep! ha!

But today started out like you would think a Monday should...then it kept going like every single day should.
I spent time with God.
Bundled up in a blanket, yes.
Sitting in front of an electric heater, yes.
But.
I sat before the God of the universe.
Who, for someone unknown reason, loves me.
Wants to fight for me.
Wants to protect me.
Wants to be my everything.
Not my first choice...my only choice.
There is no other, so I don't know why I fight and whine and act as if there is another way.

God's love is what holds me together.
God's love is what gives me hope.
And God's love is the only thing that keeps me at peace.

I just need to be still.
I just need to be silent.

When I try to fight my battles myself, the best case scenario is only what a human can possibly do.
When I let God fight those battles for me? Anything. And I mean anything is possible.

Just be still.
Just be silent.
Just trust Him.
Just be quiet already!

Let Him do all the fighting.






1 comment:

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs