expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Where I get my skill and my money

You may have noticed that I have been ranting and raving about the amazing photography of Rebecca Cote.
You may also have noticed that she only lives about 30 minutes from me, and could easily be seen as competition.
I mean, we happen to be working in the same industry, and we have very similar styles!

But I believe something pretty strongly.

God has the power to give wealth...

Not my unique marketing, skill, clever package names, amazing dance moves and salesmanship.

Deuteronomy 8:18 says Remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth.

News flash: It's not about me.

Seriously. I need to remember this.
Don't misunderstand me.
I am not implying that we should just sit around, put our feet up and expect God to take care of everything and gives us everything we could ever dream of.

But what I am implying is that God is the one who is ultimately in control...
Of everything.
I have never been more convinced about that very fact.

I mean, yes...He gives freedom. He allows me to choose if I am going to obey him or not.
If I am going to serve Him or not.
If I am going to live for Him or not.
He is not a dictator, and does not force people to love Him.
But He is in control. And He is the one who gives the power to give wealth.
He is the one who gives power period!

Don't start fooling yourself into thinking that you are so talented, so amazing, so impressive that you are the one who controls that.
You just don't.
Don't allow your competitiveness get in the way of messing up God's plan and God's best for you.

Competition can be a good thing.
It can push you to be better, and it can encourage you to try harder.
But it can also be an ugly thing.
It can push you to do things you didn't think you would do, and it can encourage you to be self-seeking.

So.
Find the balance.
Don't get confused.
In the photography industry? There are enough people around who need family pictures.
You don't need to be fighting to get any one of them. Neither do I.

There is no need for me to feel like there is competition.
God knows what (and who) I can handle.
And the things (and people) I can't handle? Maybe He'll give those things (and people) to you! haha!

Having a better understanding of where your power to get money comes from in the first place, gives you a better perspective on how to live all together!

So where do I get my skill and my money?
From God. That's where.
And guess what?
Whether you want to believe it or not...so do YOU!

Go check out some of my local friends photography pages!
Anna Bartell Photography, Rebecca Cote Photography, Amy Bean Photography 



1 comment:

  1. You truly are so gifted with what you do!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs