expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Giving you the what for.

I need to go to Bible Pre-school.

Seriously. It's like I need to be reminded of simple things now, like...
Do to others as you would have them do to you. 
Or
Think about things that are true.

And the crazy thing is, I already know all of these things, but it is allowing myself to remember them that is giving me the hardest time.

I just got off the phone with one of my best friends.
I know she must really, really love me because I call it how it is whenever we talk, and she's still my friend.
She knows that when she calls me, I am gonna give her the what for.
I don't think anyone has time for friends who complain with them.
I don't think anyone has time for friends who husband bash with them.
I don't think anyone has time for friends who jump in their mud puddles with them and whine.
I just. don't.

The kinds of friends I make time for are the ones who remind me how I need to be acting...even when it hurts like a banshee.
I got a text this week from a friend that said - Make the right choices with your thoughts, girl.
Do you know what it could have said? - Can you believe she did that to you? You don't deserve that...
and on and on and on it could have gone. IF I had made time for that kind of a friend.

Sometimes we just need people who love us to give us the what for.
To remind us of what we need to remember.

So tonight, I am giving you the what for.
Whatever is going on in your life right now, you need to remember the truth about what love is.
The kind of love that has literally nothing at all to do with a feeling.
Trust me. The times I need to show love the most is usually the times I feel it the least.
So here it is. God's definition of love:


Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. 
It does not demand its own way. 
It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  
It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

How are you measuring up?
Are you acting irritable? Are you demanding your own way in something? Are you keeping record after record of the times you were wronged?
It's not gonna make you feel any better if you are doing any of that. Believe that.

Here's me giving you the what for.
Remember the kind of love God has for us.
And go out and treat other people the same way...especially the ones you don't feel like showing it to!

And invest in friendships with people who are going to help you grow.
Not ones who are going to drag you down.
Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs