expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas from my family to yours

This was our first Christmas in our new house.
It is so fun to have firsts!

When I was little, one of my favorite part about Christmas was when my Grandparents would sleep over on Christmas Eve. The memories I have from that still make me smile.
Me, my sisters and brother would get up early and make breakfast in bed for my grandparents and parents.

I am like a totally huge and crazy making memories and tradition kind of person.
Family is so important to me, and nothing has made me happier than watching family love and adore my children as they are growing up.

I asked the boys if they thought it would be fun to have Nanny and Grampops sleep over on Christmas Eve.
They practically jumped on me and screamed yes!

We had a beautiful Christmas Eve service at my church, (my church family rocks my socks off)
and then my parents came over to celebrate.
It was perfect.
Like...exactly how I pictured it.
Christmas music playing, lots of food everywhere, family just happy and content.


This morning, AJ and Ry got up at 6:30 and made breakfast for my parents and me.
(Adam doesn't like to eat first thing in the morning!)
I had to sneak downstairs and watch them as they were in the kitchen.
They were dancing.
And it was totally adorable.

Anyways, we then went downstairs and had Ry read the Christmas story
Then my dad prayed and thanked God for His incredible gift of SALVATION.
It is so amazing to know that my entire family has accepted that gift!
That makes every Christmas even more special.

We opened presents, had my brother, Bobbi and the girls over, watched Despicable Me 2 (Thank you Ron and Bobbi!!)
And then went to my parents for a delicious turkey dinner.

Now.
We are all sitting around.
In sweat pants.
Eating.
No lie.

The boys are playing on their brand new laptop and we are loving life.

I am so sorry to my parents that I did not take one single picture of you!!!
But I am so incredibly thankful for you...
*for the amazing memories you gave me growing up
*for the way you love and adore my boys so much
*for the way that you continue to be an example of godliness
*for the way you love people...including opening an unexpected visitor to Christmas dinner as if it was perfectly normal. That is how you've always rolled.
*for making everything a lot more fun.
Thank you for creating new memories with us!

This was a good day.
I am so content.
Thankful for a husband who loves and spoils me.
Thankful for kids who still think their mom is cool. ha!
And thankful for an amazing relationship with an indescribable God who loved me enough to give His life for me.

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas!
Merry Christmas from my family to yours!




1 comment:

  1. Love this!! So glad you had such a special first Christmas in you're new house. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs