expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The great santa clause debate

I see it all over the place...people debating on one side or the other about good ole santy.

You have one side all bent out of shape claiming you are robbing kids of their very childhood by keeping the beauty of santa out of Christmas.

Then you have the other side claiming that kids will turn into lying fools if you tell them there is a santa.

So...my view?
Well, I actually don't really want to get into it.
(You were all ready getting all worked up, weren't you?!)

We didn't do santa when I was growing up.
When Adam and I had kids we had to decide what we were gonna do.
And...if I'm gonna be honest and just lay it all out on the table..
Here it is:

I want credit, people!

Seriously.
I work my tail off to make money.
I fight the crowds at the mall.
I buy the presents, wrap the presents...

For the love of all that is good!!!

You better believe I am gonna get the credit for all that!
Not some imaginary fat man in a red suit.
Come on now! ha!

We really do work hard at keeping honesty as something that is  highly elevated in our home.
We didn't feel like telling our kids something that wasn't true went along with what we wanted to hold to.

At the same time, I don't think that if you are choosing to teach your kids that santa is real, that it automatically means your kids are going to grow up to not trust you, and to ultimately fail in life.

Fortunately for me, I am not held accountable for what you do with your kids, just what I do with mine!

And let's be real here.
I have so many other things I need to be spending my energy on!

I have to figure out how to get the Christmas lights up on my very tall roof,
I need to manage my weight while eating every kind of new m-n-m that comes out,
I have to decide if we are going to watch White Christmas, or It's a Wonderful Life tonight,
I need to deal with my procrastination with shopping...

Who has time to deal with all the santa hub bub??
Plus, I still like the Frank Sinatra version of Santa Clause is coming to town.

There are certainly enough controversial issues going on all around us that are actually worth debating.
I just don't think this is one of them.

So...I think It's a Wonderful Life is the movie of choice tonight, and I have a big handful of m-n-m's to go grab and indulge in.

Good night everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs