expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Who uses personal checks anymore?!

First of all, if you ever happen to see me in line at a store...
Do not.
I repeat.
DO NOT get in line behind me.
I assure you it will absolutely, positively be the slowest line ever.

Deciding to go grocery shopping at walmart 2 days before Christmas?
Not my smartest move.

Getting in a line with a sweet little old cashier?
Also not my smartest move.

One (of many) questions I have is directed to the person who was standing in front of me.

WHO USES PERSONAL CHECKS ANYMORE?!

People. It is literally almost two thousand and fourteen.
Surely you have at least a debit card at this point in your life.
At least she didn't say - who do I make the check out to?

And what's that, sweet little cashier? You can't find the buttons to properly run the check through?

They probably aren't even in existence any more!!!

Oh for the love.
I mean, I am totally trying to promote peace on earth here, but this was making it pretty difficult!

Don't worry, by the time she actually go to me, I think she was just so tired out from the previous transaction that she wanted some company.
Ya know...just to chat.

I kid you not when I say that she scanned my ice cream through.
Bagged it.
Paused.
Looked into the bag she had just put my ice cream in.
Looked back and me.
Looked back into the bag, and said...
Did you buy the Edy's cappuccino crunch ice cream?

Um. Yes.
Yes. I did.
Did you want to try some?
Ok...I didn't ask that last part, but I wanted to.
I honestly was telling people who were standing in line behind me to just move on to another register.
And I watched them all waltz past me just as my cashier was getting to the bag of Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips.

I remember what she was scanning, because I was answering her question of (while she paused to talk to me of course, because how can you possibly talk and scan at the same time?)
Are you going to be doing a lot of baking? That sounds so fun.

And then there was the...ooooh. Frozen pizza dough... already made!
That will make things a lot easier, huh?

aiy yi yi!

What I should have done was given her my card and asked if she wanted to go out for coffee later.
Because she really was sweet.

It was just that grocery shopping is pretty much my least favorite thing in the whole world to do, and I was kind of just in the mood to get in and get out.

But for real. I survived it just fine, and I am not trying to complain all up on here.
I just wanted to give you something to smile about, and to just always know-

I will pick wrong lane.
Always.

So don't follow me down the same path, unless you want a good laugh.

And also?
If you are still using checks at walmart?
Do the people behind you a favor and move on to debit cards.
They work like a charm.

Merry Christmas Eve!






2 comments:

  1. I still pay for things by check. Sorry. It is to easy to swipe the debit card. If I am going to take the time to write a check I am going to think about the purchase and if i really need it. To many problems with identity thefts. I am just old fashion. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...No need to apologize. That is actually a really good idea to make sure you are really thinking things through!
      That's why I never carry cash...too easy to spend!

      Delete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs