expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 24, 2014

Mommy Monday: Writing letters

Sometimes it's the little things that matter the most.

I am a big words of affirmation person.
Like...words mean so, so much to me that I hold on to hand written letters forever. Literally.
There is something about seeing the handwriting of someone you love and being able to get alone and just read what their thoughts are about you!

I do not like to travel away from my family very often, but when I do, I always leave notes for them.
Always.
I even leave notes for Adam.
I know this was passed down to me from my mom who will still, to this day, leave notes for me when she travels!
I still have all of them.

This past weekend I went away for a few days and I left notes for all 3 boys.
I want to encourage you to do the same.
It should not only be done when you are leaving.
It should be spontaneous.
So many times we can get caught up in the craziness of life and we don't take the time to stop and write our thoughts to our kids.
Let me just tell you something that might kind of knock you over:

No matter how old your children are, they need love letters!

If your kids are earlier than reading age, write them a letter and have daddy read it to them.
If your kids are still at home with you, leave a note on their pillow, in a book they're reading or in the fridge.
If your kids are grown and out of the house, mail them a letter!
I love writing to friends as well, and will sometimes stick a note in the bag of someone I have recently spent time with. (If you have recently spent time with me, you should check your bag. *coughtaracough*)

It takes such a small amount of time, but it can mean so, so much.
And wouldn't you love for your kids to be able to say that one thing they remember about you is that you were expressing how much you loved them through letters all their lives?
Write a one sentence, write a 3-pager. It doesn't matter.
I love to always be reminding my kids of how much I love being their mom.
They need to be reminded, because there may be a time where things are so crazy, and I can be stressed and they could start to feel like that stress is being caused because of them!

Express your feelings.
So, here is my challenge to you.
Write a small love letter to each of your kids this week.
Leave it some place they will find it, or hand it to them.
It doesn't really matter...just let your kids know what you love about them and how much they mean to you.

Sometimes, it's the little things that matter the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs