expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My favorite room in the house

It is actually kind of hard to decide which room is my favorite in our house.
I love so many.
My library is definitely pretty high on the list, but my total favorite is probably the sunroom.

There is just something about a room that is filled with sun and filled with antiques.
I love to get up early when the house is still quiet, have a cup of coffee and read my Bible.
It's hard during the cold months, because it is really totally freezing in there.
I am dying for the spring to get here so I can spend more time in here!
I still need to get some pillows to add to the bed, but I just love what it looks like.

Can I keep it real here with you for a minute?

I am having a really hard time focusing on my goal in life being simply to please Jesus.
I tend to get so busy "serving" that I forget to just love him.
I get so busy with everything else in my life that I forget to just thank Him, praise Him, fear Him.

I need to think of it as I would as a mom.
I would rather have my kids snuggle with me, tell me what they love about me, and just be with me way more than I would want them to clean their room, or empty the dishwasher.

I want them to love being with me.

Sometimes, it is difficult to remember that Jesus wants me.
Not my service.
Not my work.
Just me.
Sometimes, when I am reading my Bible, I am thinking about how I can blog about that.
Sometimes, when I am praying, I start thinking of new events I can plan, or wondering if we have enough snacks this week at The Porch.
It's not what I want to be doing, but it's what I'm finding myself doing more and more.

I need to spend more time getting to know who Jesus is, than I do on talking about who He is.

I started thinking this week about the name of God.
What His name symbolizes, what it offers me, what it is to me.
I need to esteem His name.
Am I doing that with my actions?
Am I showing Him that I care about Him and who He is?
Or am I working so hard for Him, that I am missing out on the friendship part?
I am writing this in the hope that I will be reminded of this more tomorrow.
And the next day. And the next day.
That I will be more focused on staying close to who He is.
I think I am finding myself getting farther and farther from Him the more and more I work for Him.



I need to esteem His name.
It's not about me, and I can so easily make it about me without even trying.

I hope that you are challenged as well...especially those of you who are in ministry.

Don't let your ministry become about you.
It's not about you. It's not about me.

It's all about Jesus. 
It's all about what HE can do. How HE can save. How HE offers hope, peace and LIFE!


Esteem His name with everything in you.





1 comment:

  1. I love this. And I love your sun room!! I haven't seen your new arrangement. Sooo perfect. Love the natural light. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs