expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 03, 2014

Mommy Monday ~ Your tone of voice

Sometimes it's the simple things that can make all the difference in the world.

Today I am just going to give you a simple encouragement.

Think about your tone of voice when you are talking to your child.

Make a conscious effort to listen to the way you sound when you are having a normal conversation, and when you are trying to be more stern.

It's funny, because I am sure that the majority of moms reading this post would consider themselves intentional in the way they are raising their kids.
But..sometimes I think we tend to be intentional about the bigger things, without realizing the effects of those smaller things.
We might be totally strict on a bed time, on what they watch on tv, on the foods they eat...
and totally be missing the fact that we are whining at our kids.
Or we are rolling our eyes at them (or their dad!)
Or we are using sarcasm instead of direct discipline.

Because I chose to write the mommy posts on Monday, I want to encourage you to take whatever hits you the most, and just work on that one thing for this entire week.

I will probably be saying this a lot on these posts, but because consistency is so important, 

Pick one thing and be super consistent with that all week.

I think that is more effective than trying to pick 5 things and only sticking to them here and there.

So for this week.

Try to work really hard on your tone of voice.
If they start whining, don't whine back with stopppppp ittttttt!
Listen to yourself.
Try to imagine what it would be like if you used the same tone with your friend!

Here's to a week filled with the right tone of voice!
You can do it!


*Side note. Many of you know that I am a firm believer in Biblical spanking as my main form of discipline. I have written an article about it, as well as made a video on my views about why I believe what I believe. I will most likely not be blogging about this in any future posts. Because I like to have my blog open to anyone who would like to read it, along with that comes a lot of potential negativity. In the past, I had my video open to anyone, and I received a lot of comments by people who clearly just wanted to argue. I do not want to waste my time with that kind of energy.                  I am more than happy to personally talk to anyone who wants to know my view, and will gladly share my article and video. Feel free to message me any time.






1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! I love these mommy Monday posts. And all your thoughts, ideas and encouragements~

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs