expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, September 06, 2013

Depending on God without using craigslist or monster.com


It's that time of year again...back to school.
And what that means to me and my family is it's time for The Porch to be back in full swing!
I just assume that most of you already know full well what The Porch is, but for those of you who don't know, my husband and I started a not-for-profit youth center in our town called The Porch where we run after school programs for the kids and teens in our community.
You can read the write up in the local newspaper from back a couple years ago here.

And if you are wondering why in the world I would spend so much time with 12-year-olds, you can read what I wrote about that here.

I can't talk enough about how much I love it...
How much I love getting to know the kids, praying for all of them and watching them grow and mature.
well - watching some of them mature. ha!

I decided that I would write about it today, even though in my mind I'm not sure if I am supposed to.
Here's what i mean...
See...I have read the books by George Mueller that are incredible inspirational readings about a man who had a vision and a dream to serve others.
He ran an orphanage in England, and was able to pay for everything by simply asking God.

If you haven't read the book, or are not familiar with the story, you may not understand what I am implying.

He did not ever ask people to give.
He asked God to impress upon people to give.
And they did.

That blows my mind.
You mean, he was able to get financial supporters, food, and volunteers to work without facebook, craigslist, monster.com or anything?!

It blows my mind because I consider myself to be the kind of person who has a strong faith.

I am reading through the book of Joshua right now, and let me tell ya right now.
God is an amazing. Big. Powerful. All-sufficient. God.

And I know this.
But I am having a hard time understanding why we can not get workers for this ministry!
We have the kids...tons and tons of kids.
We just need people.
And we need people who are willing to serve.

And I go back and forth in my head with, should I simply pray and ask God to work?
Or should I put it out there...again.

So I am putting it out there.
I am asking you to consider being a part.

I am asking you to go right now to our website and watch the video.
And then I am asking to you pray about how you can be a part.
Whether it is being a prayer supporter with us. Being a monthly, or one time financial partner.
Or maybe it is actually volunteering at our Kids Club (grades 1-5) or our Teen Central (grades 6-12)
*you can find the application form here.
We are looking to offer classes and additional programs this year as well including:
cooking, sign language, sewing, resume building, tutoring, and weightlifting.

If you are looking for an incredibly fulfilling and exciting ministry to be a part of, this is the place.

And I am not just saying that.
Our goal is to expand and allow other communities all over the US to start their very own Porch Youth Centers! Maybe this is something that you would like to consider as well!
Please contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to be a part.

I am trusting God.
I am depending on God without using craigslist or monster.com
I am believing that He can, and that He will.
And while I'm waiting?

You can find me down at The Porch.
Where I will most likely be beating someone's butt at ping-pong.







2 comments:

  1. This is just so great. I am praying for those that God already has in place to be a part of His ministry through The Porch to come forward soon. He ALWAYS has greater things to come. He is NOT finished yet! You've made it this far, He's already provided what you need, for this very day, at this exact moment. And He never won't! Keep it up, lady. I'm praying and rooting for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for this awesome ministry. That God will provide people and finances. And everything else you guys need. Love how you ended this:) ping pong champ.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs