expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 12, 2013

It's Not Enough...

It is not enough to know who God is.

It is not enough to know what God wants me to do.

It is not enough to know that God is forgiving.

It is not enough to know.

I need to know who God is to me.

I need to do what God wants me to do.

I need to ask God for the forgiveness He promises, and then stop doing the sin I am doing.

I need to be doing.

I can fill myself all up to the brim with knowledge.
I can give people advice on any topic they need help with.

But I need to not only be all filled up with this knowledge...
I need to be acting on it.

I will tell you one thing for sure...
My kids do not get any reward whatsoever for knowing that we require them to be clean their room.

They do, however, receive a consequence when they choose to not act on that knowledge!

Yesterday in church as we sang the song Holy, Holy, Holy I was hit with the realization of something that I must admit I do not think about nearly enough.

God is Holy.
Do you get that?

He is like...beyond big-time.
Every single human being WILL bow down to Him someday. (Romans 14:11)
The amount of respect and honor that He deserves is amazing, and yet we can act like we are doing Him a favor by showing up to church on a Sunday or opening our Bibles for more than 10 minutes on a Wednesday.

The way that I treat Him a lot of times does not show Him the respect that He deserves.

If I understood even part of what that holiness looked like?
I would have to act differently.
Have to!

It makes me want to change.
It makes me want to wake up tomorrow morning in anticipation of the incredible privilege I have to actually spend time in the presence of someone like Jesus.

Just. wow.

I hope that you take a minute to think about just what exactly you are doing with your knowledge.

Because know this:
It is not enough to just know about God.

He requires more.

To act justly. To love mercy.

And to walk humbly with our God.

Did you blow your Monday?
It's ok!

Make your Tuesday incredible.
Tuesday is the new Monday.

Rock it out.





1 comment:

  1. This is so true. And so amazing. Thank you!!!
    You are such an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs