expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Miley Cyrus and my commanding officer


Anyone google Miley Cyrus lately?
How about Molly? twerk?

Anyone?
Actually I don't think you have to google it. You kind of find all the gory details without even trying.

My plan for the night is not to discuss it.
It is not to discuss my view, my thoughts, my deep intellectual thoughts and words of wisdom on what I think of her, what I think of her parents, what I think this world is coming to...no.

It's just that I have found myself being a little distracted because of a couple things I am seeing...

1.Christians bashing Miley.
2. Christians bashing Christians for bashing Miley.

Either way, it's just plain distracting.
Distracting me from what I need to focus on.

I read 2 Timothy 2:4 today and it literally stopped my in my tracks.

No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.

Here's what I get.
I have a job. 
My job is to please my commanding officer.
My commanding officer is God.
My instructions are pretty clear for where I personally am in my life right now.

I need to be so focused on my orders and way less focused on what other people are or are not doing the way that I think is right. 

And for the record? If we as Christians are publicly putting down other Christians for their putting down other Christians (or non-Christians) 
HOW is that helping anything?

Let's keep our eyes focused on our orders...
On pleasing our commanding officer.
Let's allow other people to be responsible for their own orders.

Let's not get "tied up in the affairs of civilian life." (NLT)

Get your orders and get moving. 
Don't be distracted by anything or anyone else. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs