expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

getting creative in your discouragement...

I have loved reading the book Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado.
I am teaching a ladies class every Sunday, and using this as a guide.

I loved the idea this week of getting creative in your discouragement.
Looking for a different way out.
We're discussing David's life.
He had some rough times for sure...you name it, he pretty much went through it!

A few things I love about David.

*He kept it real.
There was no hiding his feelings. We can read about his mistakes and his victories. His doubts of God and his confidence in God.

*He didn't let other people, or his own negativity ruin him.
Sure...he made some wrong choices. But he always came back and confessed and saw the way that He needed to change.
I can learn a lot from that.

*He got creative about solutions.
The tendency for me is to try life a certain way. When it fails? well...give up.
I guess it just doesn't work anymore.
INSTEAD...I need to take a failure as a chance to look at life differently.
I need to take it as a chance to get creative. Switch things up.

It has been a challenge for me big time this week.
When I start to feel helpless, hopeless, discouraged...
I need to take it as a sign to change my thinking. Get creative. Try things a different way.

I am excited to see where God is going to take my marriage.
My family.
My business.
My ministries.
My friendships.

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

What about you? Do you need a new perspective?
Do you need to look at your circumstances a little differently?

Go ahead...Get creative.
You never know what you might come up with!


1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Wish I could be in your Sunday school class!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs